Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SOMETHING ABOUT ME

Zainab Usman

Every moment, children of diverse origin, colour and tongue are born into the world. whether or not we come thorough a royal lineage does not make anyone less human created by a creator. So I was moulded on a certain day unknown to me. Every invisible cell in my body and every physical attribute were carefully and wonderfully carved to suite only me. I may look like someone in the Caribbean or have a resemblance with an Indian but there’s no one in the whole world exactly like me.
I was born on a Monday. Am sure God didn’t have loads of work on his hands, so he took his time on me. He chose to bring me out of the warmth of my mother’s womb on that certain Monday, the 15th of June 1992. What a time of the year. The month of great luck and sunshine. The month of Jupiter. It was in Yola, a day after my mum celebrated her 30th birthday. He made me stand 5feet and a few inches tall, gave me a glowing brown skin, carved me a slightly pointed nose, painted my lips pink with a white eyes that looks like that of the eagle and lined my eyebrow heavily. He knows that a long, black hair will suit perfectly my oval face. Without being modest, I am beautiful…

No comments:

Post a Comment