Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LONG LONG HOLIDAY

Holiday has come once again. We miss our mum like there’s no tomorrow. Biggie and I started the holiday without her. We had to go and stay with our family friend, although we were not used to them. My mum had to travel to Mecca because that was the only trip she had been waiting for and nothing could stop her from going.
The house we went to stay was not bad because my cousins were there too. Their children were very entertaining especially the eldest amongst them, Mohammed.
At first, I didn’t want to stay but mum persuaded me to. The family is a nuclear family with five lovely children. The mother of the house is a very strict. She is a no-nonsense woman. We also call her “mum” as a sign of respect. Their father is a very funny person but when he could be stern when the need arises.
Biggi and I had problem with the food because we weren’t used to their food choices but hunger taught us to get by. They eat semovita, bean cake with garri, okro soup, fish and spaghetti and these food, I dislike. Do you ask what I eat if dislike all these?
Mummy call on us everyday to find out if we are okay. For the first three days I wasn’t happy because I was missing my mother. There is one problem with me. I easily don’t get satisfied with things around me. I find it difficult to mix wit people. Most times I think shy people are mistaken to be snobbish but only a shy person knows what keeps her away from the crowd…

Aisha Adeola Abubakar

No comments:

Post a Comment