Tuesday, August 18, 2009

THE DAY EVERYTHING WENT WRONG

It was on the morning of 23rd January 2006. I woke up at 5am, and then I went to the bathroom to take my bath. It all started with the bad fall, which I had in the bathroom.
I was grateful to God that I did not hit my head on anything hard. And my bone wasn’t broken. After I had taken my bath and dressed for school, it was 6am. On my way bringing our breakfast out, I tripped over and fell down breaking six mugs. I had cuts on my leg. I was shivering. I was thinking about the beautifully designed mugs that have crashed into pieces. Nobody worried about them. I was taken to the hospital for treatment without much delay.
Just for me to cross the road and get into our car, I was nearly knocked down by a careless BTU driver (Base Transport Unity). What a most frightening way to start a day.
On getting to school I was informed that our loving teacher who went for promotional exams had an accident on their way going. They all died. I was shocked to silence.
Later the evening I felt so cold and realized I could not eat at all. I bit my tongue so hard that blood was gushing out. I couldn’t cry. Though promotion is from God Almighty not from any other person… And I would not say this is the day everything went wrong in my life because I don’t know what will happen tomorrow…

Ahmed Bala Rufai

No comments:

Post a Comment